The focus of this project is to identify crucial challenges and opportunities facing 2004 Election. Issues raised in this project are:
- System and process of the legislative election: Comparative survey (Anton Djawamaku)
- Direct presidential election: Breakthrough or trap? (M. Sudibyo)
- Profiles of the political parties: Solutions or problems of democratisation? (M. Djadijono)
- DPD candidates: Can they represent regional aspirations? (Indra J. Piliang)
- Presidential candidates: Solving national leadership problem? (I Made Leo W.)
- Electoral institutions: Complexities and preparation (Indra J. Piliang)
- Faces of the Indonesian electorates (Christine Susanna Tjhin)
- Indonesia's political map (J. Kristiadi)
- Potential conflicts (Arief Priyadi)
- The economics of 2004 elections (I. Ismanto)
- Women's role in 2004 elections (Medelina Hendytio)
This project is a departmental project and conducted by researchers of the Departement of Politics and Social Change.
Project director: Tommi A. Legowo.
Time frame: November 2003-February 2004.